Birthday Weekend & Gertie's Book Party Recap!

January 14, 2013


This was a hell of a weekend! Between my birthday and Gertie's book party we threw at Sew L.A., it's been a blast! Get ready for a photo heavy post! First up, thanks again for all the kind birthday wishes. Friday night my man and I enjoyed one of the best dinners out I've ever had, followed the next day by an adventure in Griffith Park and at the Observatory. A perfect birthday.




Then on Sunday, Sew L.A. (my day job) hosted a fabulous party for Gretchen (aka Gertie) and her book, Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing! The turnout was stellar and it was great to see both our regular students and to welcome some new faces to the shop. Huge thank you to everyone that came by!





The food was all 1950's themed and based on how quickly it all went, I believe it was a hit! We had everything from a cheese ball, to a jello mold, to cherry pie, to rum punch!



Gretchen brought almost all the garments from the book and we had them all on display. It's really fun to see the "real" items off the pages of the book.








Thanks again to Gretchen for allowing us to throw this party for her, and thanks to my party partners in crime, Haley & Devon!

13 comments:

  1. I had so much fun at the party! I will definitely be back for the next one! And thank you so much again for the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm still thinking about that cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man oh man I'm so jealous you ladies got to enjoy this!!! Well, more just ridiculously happy for you and a little bid sad I never get to have any west coast fun ;) Looks like the party was a hit! Sounds like the perfect birthday weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I really wish I could have come!!! You guys had a blast !

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great party, I really enjoyed meeting Gretchen! Love the photobooth!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a fab time - I wonder if Gertie would consider a trip to Calgary . . . . !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin- so glad you had fun and as always it was great to see you! enjoy the pattern and perhaps I'll share that cheese ball recipe :)
    Rochelle- I know, we wish you were there too! it was pretty much the best weekend!
    Pinheiro- wish you could come... we did have a blast!
    Angie- isn't Gretchen nice? happy to see you enjoying the party!
    Twotoast- you never know! Gretchen pops up in random spots... perhaps Canada is next :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sew modern throws the best parties ever! Great time meeting Gertie and all the other creative people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Leah! I'm glad you had fun and it was nice to see you! though for the record, we are not Sew Modern, we are Sew L.A. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine - It was so great to meet you on Sunday! I feel like such a groupie. :) I promise I am going to make myself a new Sassy Librarian Blouse and you will be the first to see it. I'll come by SEW L.A. again soon. Cheers to you! ~Mary Ann (Here is my blog post about the picnic: http://wp.me/p2IaeS-EV)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary- great to meet you too!!! and thanks for the amazing blog post about the party! hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have got to make it out to L.A. sometime and hopefully it's during one of your fantastic parties, you all look like you're having a blast. I'm green with envy that my sister is only 7 miles from your store. She was supposed to make it to this event but had to work late. My mom is visiting her this next week and I made them promise to go visit the store. I feel like I'm stalking you from afar, LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! You should come and visit sometime! And I look forward to meeting your sister and mom :)

    ReplyDelete