Fall 2013 Report: Orla Kiely

February 20, 2013


If you know me at all, you know I love all things Orla Kiely. She showed her Fall 2013 collection in London last week and as usual, it's all adorable. Orla usually does super fun installations rather than a typical runway presentation, and this year's setting was a vintage typing pool. 

The girls mingled, walked around, typed, filed things, and used the space aside the desks as a makeshift runway. I love this because it showed the outfits in a real life setting. Sure, I love the fantasy of a runway show, but it is refreshing to see designer clothing in action. The clothing can't just look cute, it also has to perform and be able to be worn during your day. I mean, I love Marc Jacobs and all, but this is a far stretch from his topless model on the runway in New York earlier this month. 

Below is a video of the Orla Kiely Autumn-Winter 2013-2014 installation, and below that are some photos of my favorite outfits from the collection. Like always, I am reenergized and excited to make some new sassy vintage-inspired outfits for my closet! How about you? 





















Photos from Vogue.co.uk

10 comments:

  1. I love the print mixing, and that these are things I could actually wear to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like the Mad Men office girls only cooler. I love the pointy collars, the fur coat and I LOVE the gold brocade dress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you ladies agree! I think Orla can just do no wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the looks, how about them pointy collars......sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally Claudia! I love a cute collar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, right? It's all so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These clothes are definitely inspiring me. The fabrics and textures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you love them Nikki! I think Orla can do no wrong :)

    ReplyDelete